Brushing your teeth with braces is one of challenging tasks as the braces lodge food and harbor dental plaque which can make your teeth prone to tooth decay. Most often the braces teeth are suggested to use the electric toothbrush because it helps to clean your teeth in a better way. Besides this, here are some simple tips to keep your teeth healthier.
Tips To Brush Your Teeth With Braces
- Use Small Headed Toothbrush: The small-headed brush is more maneuverable, and that can promptly get between the nooks and crannies created by the braces.
- Brush Your Teeth After The Meal: It refers to brush your teeth minimal three times a day after breakfast, lunch and especially after dinner.
- Brush Your Teeth For At Least 2 Minutes: This is because, an average person takes 45 seconds to brush their teeth, which is far too short.
- Use Of Inter-space Brush: This type of brush is useful for cleaning underneath your orthodontic wire and next to your gum line.
- Utilize Fluoride Toothpaste: As the people wearing braces are more likely to tooth decay, the fluoride toothpaste can prevent it by hardening the enamel of the tooth.
Techniques To Brush Teeth With Braces
- Thoroughly brush to remove the food debris.
- Floss to clean and remove any dental plaque inter-dentally.
- Use the brush without toothpaste for a while to clean the bristles.
- Make sure to move the brush the inner surfaces and onto the chewing surfaces of your teeth.
Finally, your toothbrush should be clean and nice, and make sure to follow all the instructions mentioned above by dentists in Waterloo, Ontario. If you want to know more, feel free to call us at King Street Dental Centre and discuss your dental needs with professionals.